Saturday, February 21, 2009

Woo Woo

I'm trying to teach Joey to say 'Woo woo'
I start by saying 'Can I get a....' and then he is supposed to say 'woo woo' - but mostly it comes out as one long 'woooo' and always makes me laugh :)
That is not really what I am writing about today. Today I am writing about the little things that are really really big things. Like when the smallest little spot from an ex-ray could mean you are pregnant, or you have cancer.
Well, my dads smallest little spot told him he had cancer. He went through treatments and surgeries and treatments again..... and guess what?? ITS GONE! Yep, you heard correctly... no more cancer! It has been pretty crazy - trying to understand what it means, dealing with all the feelings, understanding how everything works, and coming to grips that it might be bad. Now I am not saying that he is forever in the clear - but I want to take this small moment and feel good. Feel really good. So I want you all to join me in a happy dance. Now that can be a simple hip shake, a little head bop, or a wild and crazy jumping-running-hand waving extravaganza in your underpants - just feel good!
Feel good for my dad, feel good for my family, and feel good for yourself we could all use some more feel good times in our lives!
One more thing Melissa's little spot told her she's pregnant and her little spot is now almost ready to be a real baby girl! I can't wait to be an auntie again!!

'Can I get a ........'
(you fill in the rest)

No comments: